Note: This recipe is sponsored by California Diamondbut all thoughts and opinions are mine.
Irresistibly crunchy pecan crusted chicken done in the air fryer! Quick, easy, healthy and absolutely delicious. Tender, juicy chicken topped with crunchy Diamond of California pecans, then finished with an amazing honey mustard sauce – all ready in under 20 minutes!
What makes this recipe so good
- Set up in less than 20 minutes! Prepare the crispy topping, then dip and cook the chicken in the air fryer for just 12 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, make your 3-ingredient honey mustard sauce and that’s it – dinner is served!
- It is extra crunchy And great for you! Two things make this chicken recipe better than deep-fried options: one is the air fryer and two are the Diamond of California pecans. Their pecan halves, chopped pecans, or finely chopped pecans will work perfectly here!
- It’s a family favorite that I promise your kids will love too! Serve it alone or with your favorite vegetables. I prefer the cheese roasted asparagus, the steamed broccoli or the cauliflower au gratin myself.
The chef’s advice
- Work in batches if necessary! The key is to cook the chicken in an even layer within the tray or basket of the air fryer. If you can’t get all four cutlets into the air fryer at the same time, separate them into two batches.
- Honey mustard sauce is optional, yes, but highly recommended! This crispy pecan chicken has a lot of flavor on its own, but a drizzle of honey mustard takes it to the next level. If you are not convinced, serve it on the side so you can try it.
- Store any pecan-crusted chicken from the air fryer an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. The honey mustard sauce will keep fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Are you short on time or just don’t feel like lugging the food processor out? You can delete that step entirely by using Diamond of California’s Nut Coatings! They are an easy, ready-made breading alternative that you can use in place of breading on this chicken or any other protein. They also come in 3 great flavors, so you can switch things up a little each time.
Sides of the air fryer to complement this meal!
Air Fryer Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
Quick and easy air fryer chicken gets a boost of crunchiness and crunchiness thanks to a coating of breadcrumbs and chopped pecans. Served with a simple 3-ingredient honey mustard, this 20-minute recipe is sure to please!
For the pecan crusted chicken
For the Honey Mustard Sauce
Preheat the 360 ° Fahrenheit air fryer. Dry the chicken cutlets well with absorbent paper. Generously season all sides of each cutlet with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Add the pecans to the food processor. Blend until finely chopped, but do not overdo it. Transfer the finely chopped pecans to a shallow bowl.
Add the breadcrumbs, paprika, and garlic powder to the bowl with the pecans. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
Break the egg into the second shallow bowl and beat until the yolk and whites are completely blended.
Dip a cutlet into the beaten egg, covering both sides of the cutlet well. Drain the excess egg into the bowl, then add the cutlet to the pecan mixture. Flip the cutlet into the pecan breading until both sides of the cutlet are well coated, then transfer the cutlet to a plate and set aside. Repeat until all chicken cutlets have been coated with the egg and pecan mixture.
Lightly spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken cutlets in the air fryer basket in an even layer, being careful not to stack or overlap the cutlets. Work in batches as needed. Lightly spray the top of the chicken cutlets with spray oil, then return the basket to the preheated air fryer.
Cook for 6 minutes, then remove the basket and turn the cutlets upside down. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook another 6 minutes.
While the cutlets are cooking, mix all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce in a small bowl. Once the chicken is fully cooked, serve immediately with the honey mustard sauce and desired sauce.
- Prepare it gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Make it low in carbohydrates: Use almond flour instead of panko breadcrumbs.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 646kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 45g, Saturated fats: 6g, Polyunsaturated fats: 19g, Monounsaturated fat: 17g, trans fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 167mg, Sodium: 573mg, Potassium: 817mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 528IU, C vitamin: 2mg, Soccer: 59mg, Iron: 2mg, Net carbohydrates: 15g
The number of total portions displayed is approximate. Actual number of servings wit will depend on the portion size you prefer.
The nutrition facts shown are general guidelines and reflect the information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on the specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of a serving, prepare the recipe as indicated. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. The result will be the weight of one serving.